Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend in review

I have been looking at girl patterns and fun things I could make for that cute little China doll I had told you all about and couldn't really decide on anything.  So, this weekend I decided to practice and make something for my cousin's little girl. It was her fourth birthday.  This is what I put together: One frilly little skirt (pattern from Dana Made It), shirt with matching applique and embroidered name, matching hair barrette...Cute is it not?!

Here are a few close ups...




I just love this skirt pattern! Thank you for sharing! I plan on making more of these...maybe a few for myself as well. I think just below the knee would be a  great lenght too! Don't you? I did make a change or two...I used 1 inch elastic instead of 2 inch. I did this mainly for personal preference...When I make mine I think it will be more comfortable as I wear my waist at my hip. If you would like to make one and post picks please do. I would love to see your creations too. Want/need help? Let me know.

No comments: