Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Busy day...


So between all my normal stuff, I got caught up after work today going around to craft stores...Hobby Lobby, Jo Anns, Micheals...and even on a last ditch effort stopping by the sewing machine store. In search of what? A Silhouette SD.

                                     Silhouette SD


Can you really not find it in a brick and mortar store?  And why is it that  NO store I went to had any idea of what I was talking about? One lady argued with me that the only machine I was describing was the Cricut.  Are  you serious?! So now I have to decide where I want to order it from online...I hate making decisions...if anyone has any advice that would be great. The main reason I would like to find it in a brick and mortar store is it cuts all the decisions, like do I want it in a bundle with other stuff or not...and I don't have to worry about it getting here (I ALWAYS worry when shipping anything).  The ladies at the Sewing Machine shop were the nicest; they offered to check with their vendors to see if they could order me one.  Of course I would still have to wait for them to deliver it. They said they would call me in the morning...If I can get a deal on it I might go ahead and go this way.

Tomorrow I have to decide all this because I would like to have it early next week.  On top of that I have to go pick up my precious computer :-) And get around to taking the pictures of my latest project...any tips on taking pictures of glass would be very helpful.  I have a Pampered Chef party to attend as well, and I really need to schedule pictures for the boys.

My oldest is 3 this sunday (due to obligations and other events the party will not be till the 18th :(  But he is only 3 and will not know. We are going to take him to the zoo and aquarium this Saturday and just have a family day. 

Since I spent the afternoon running around before church, I didn't get around to retaking the pictures to post tonight...All things going as planned tomorrow, I should get them posted. Thanks for your pat ience!

4 comments:

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

Thanks for posting about my link party! :) I bought a silhouette about a year ago..yes it's a litte scary paying for something that expensive & having it shipped to you, but trust me you'll love it! Not sure why they don't sell them in craft stores. That would be nice! :) Mine has done a ton of stuff & if it broke tomorrow I'd go get another one. It's that awesome! :) Good luck with your decision!

Ginger
gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

Oh and sometimes you can get good deals on brand new ones on ebay...worth checking out. :)

Samantha said...

Ginger, thanks for the comments :-) I guess I am just nervous because the only big thing I have really ordered off line has been cloth diapers, and that was three years ago! (They are still holding strong :) Hobby Lobby carries silhouette's vinyl. But it is 8.99 and I have found it online for 7.99. So not sure why they carry it.

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

Hey...one my tip then I'm done...I think! :) I order my vinyl from uscutter.com You can order huge rolls that are 24 inch by 10 yards. It will last forever. I think a roll is $21. You just cut it into 9 inch sheets for your silhouette. It works awesome & is so much cheaper. I use the oracal 631 brand. Good luck! :) Here's the link: http://www.uscutter.com/ORACAL-631-Exhibition-Calendered_c_524.html